Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sleigh Repairs

Roscoe stopped in to tell me he heard from one of the mountain elves that tend to the sleigh. I think the elf is named Cofortenhorgenstebenin. I always get elf names wrong. Why do you think I call Roscoe "Roscoe"?

Anyway, the mountain elf told Roscoe that one of the runners must have been caught on a heavy railing, pipe or chimney as we flew. The whole front, you know, the part that is curled up decoratively, that curled front was out of line. He was amazed I didn't have to send for the tow sleigh by the end of my trip.

I remember a hesitation from the reindeer as I was leaving San Antonio. I think it was an old ranch house made of adobe. Seems to me there was a pipe sticking up that I thought we would clear.

Mrs C warned me not to eat before the ride. A heavy meal before all those cookies and milk!

Next year I'll be sure to watch what I eat before I fly

No comments:

Post a Comment